Advance Your Career Today
DHGE has partnered with ISTS to provide healthcare professionals with an exclusive discount and savings on their certificates and degrees.
Take the first step to elevate your career today: DHGE’s programs are co-created with world-leading, ranked academic partners and industry experts to help you gain knowledge and skills that you can apply on the job straight away. Our online programs give busy healthcare professionals the flexibility they need to fit their education around their schedules while achieving their personal and professional goals. Inquire today!
The RN to BSN completion program — developed by Mercy College PLUS and powered by Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE) — is currently accepting applications. This degree is designed for licensed registered nurses (RNs) with a diploma or ASN degree to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), preparing them for advanced leadership roles. The learning content is rooted in Mercy College of Health Sciences’ values as a Catholic institution of higher education, the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, and guided by core values of Knowledge, Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence.
All of DHGE’s program offerings are developed with thought-leading industry experts and are designed to help students develop skills and gain knowledge that they can apply to their daily work straight away.
Interested? Leave your contact details by clicking the 'Inquire Now' button.
Use Your Education to Get a BSN in Just 12 Months*
The following courses are required to graduate from the RN to BSN major.
- NSG 404: Program Orientation and Professional Writing (1 credit)
- NSG 413: Holistic Nursing (3 credits)
- NSG 416: Information and Financial Management in Nursing (3 credits)
- NSG 418: Research and Evidence-Based Practice (3 credits)
- NSG 425: Advocacy and Health Policy (3 credits)
- NSG 426: Genomics, Aging, and End of Life Care (3 credits)
- NSG 481: Community Health Nursing (4 credits)
- NSG 483: Theories of Leadership and Management (3 credits)
- NSG 485: BSN Professional Nursing Practice (3 credits)
All applicants must complete the following two-step application process.
- Step one: Apply to Mercy College of Health Sciences.
- The application is free of charge.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 from the college where their last 9 credits were earned.
- You must submit all official transcripts.
- All grades must be a “C” or higher.
- Step two: Admission to the program is determined.
- All applicants must have an active RN license*
- Applicants must meet the core requirements for all courses except for Servant Leadership, Nutrition, and Statistics.
Our curriculum was designed in coordination with nursing leaders in healthcare innovation and delivery and we have combined competencies as outlined by the American Organization of Nurse Executives' Nurse Executive Competencies, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's BSN Essentials for Professional Nursing Practice, and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN). This thoughtful integration ensures that when you graduate, you will be prepared to assume roles in leadership, education, research, and community health. Our RN to BSN completion program:
- Encourages students to think about current healthcare needs such as population health
- Provides students with skills such as critical thinking that are desirable in the workforce by implementing exercises that utilize such skills into the curriculum
- Gives students a worldly perspective so they can better interact with the world
- Helps students answer important questions about leading in a world that’s changing tremendously and other topics
- Identifies mistakes in coursework scenarios so students can avoid them in real-world scenarios
What You Will Earn
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) awarded by Mercy College of Health Sciences (institutional accreditation is granted by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC))
- The degree is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750; Washington, DC 20001; Phone: (202) 887-6791.
- Your Mercy College of Health Sciences education is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing (IBON); 400 SW 8th St, Suite B; Des Moines, IA 50309; Phone: (515) 281-3255.
Key Program Features
Emphasis on current demands and future needs of the profession
Curriculum is developed by experienced nurses
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing (IBON)
Connect with like-minded nurses
Access qualified instructors and alumni who are clinical experts
Engage in discussions and learn from your peers
Affordable program at a fixed price of $2,500 per quarter, no surprise tuition or hidden fees
Tailored to support your learning needs
Designed for employed nurses who earn while they learn
About Mercy College PLUS
Since 1899, Mercy College of Health Sciences has been empowering students with the training, knowledge, and education to become successful healthcare professionals.
Mercy College PLUS continues this legacy by expanding online education designed in collaboration with industry experts. With multiple starts per year, affordable tuition, and a generous transfer credit acceptance, students can advance their healthcare career in a manner and time that is ideal and convenient for them.
Get in Touch
*Completion times varies depending on each students' unique situation.
*The Mercy College PLUS RN to BSN completion program requires students to maintain a current and unencumbered RN licence throughout the entirety of this program. Students will be dismissed from the program if their RN licence is suspended, surrendered, or revoked. Upon the reinstatement of their RN licence, a student would be considered for readmission to the RN to BSN completion program given the criteria outlined above.