Advance Your Career Today
DHGE has partnered with ISTS to provide healthcare professionals with an exclusive discount and savings on their certificates and degrees.
Take the first step to elevate your career today: DHGE’s programs are co-created with world-leading, ranked academic partners and industry experts to help you gain knowledge and skills that you can apply on the job straight away. Our online programs give busy healthcare professionals the flexibility they need to fit their education around their schedules while achieving their personal and professional goals. Inquire today!
The Certificate in Healthcare Leadership, developed in partnership with Duke Corporate Education (Duke CE, part of Duke University), empowers leaders with the mindset, skills, and confidence to lead in a manner that is authentic to who they are.
Designed for healthcare professionals seeking to lead in an effective way, this program teaches leaders to evaluate themselves, improve communication, build relationships, and motivate others. Using a framework developed in collaboration with industry experts and world-leading instructors, students will learn to identify techniques and leverage opportunities to increase influence across a matrixed organization. Through this online certificate, learners will build their leadership style and confidence to elevate performance and maximize impact.
Leadership for What’s Next
The Certificate in Healthcare Leadership focuses on all leadership functions. It is split into the following three pillars.
Module 1: Leading Self
- Unit 1: Becoming an Authentic Leader
- Unit 2: Increasing Energy, Effectiveness, and Impact
- Unit 3: Improving Communications and Building Relationships
Module 2: Leading Others
- Unit 4: Motivating and Coaching Others
- Unit 5: Aligning People and Work
- Unit 6: Addressing Performance Issues
- Unit 7: Elevating Team Effectiveness
Module 3: Leading Organizations
- Unit 8: Implementing Strategic Plans
- Unit 9: Managing the Finances
- Unit 10: When Change Happens
- Unit 11: Positioning for the Future: Communication and Influence
- Unit 12: Reflecting and Planning for Continuous Improvement
- Increase self-awareness of personal preferences and styles and how to align with messages, habits and behaviors that project an authentic and effective leadership identity.
- Learn the value of strong relationships and networks and how to build them through communication and collaboration that increase trust and understanding.
- Support and enhance the performance of others by defining clear goals and priorities, and employing key leadership levers such as motivation, coaching, delegation and feedback.
- Align with the overall operations of the organization by understanding, translating and implementing strategic and financial plans at the team level and identifying ways to positively contribute to business performance.
- Develop leadership techniques to increase their level of influence and guide both the process of change and people transitions as healthcare continues to evolve.
Who Should Study This Program?
The Healthcare Leadership certificate is designed for:
- Aspiring or entry-level leaders working in clinical and non-clinical healthcare settings who want to develop strong foundational leadership skills
- Experienced managers or directors who want to elevate their existing skills and learn more about emerging leadership trends
What You Will Earn
- A Certificate in Healthcare Leadership awarded by Duke CE
- 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
Key Program Features
Duke CE is consistently top ranked in the FT client survey for design, faculty and aims achieved
Co-created by world-class thought leaders in leadership development
Co-created by healthcare executives including former CEOs and CAOs from a diverse set of healthcare systems and hospitals
Earn a Duke CE Certificate
24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) allowing healthcare professionals to meet their ongoing CE requirements
Thought leadership pieces from senior staff including CEOs, Presidents, and CAOs
Online, flexible study from any device at any time
Engaging learning environment: video-based content, real case studies, projects, discussions, and job aids
12 weeks, 4-6 hours per week
Various start dates: July, October, January, March
Modularized, bite-size learning chunks allowing you to manage your workload
About Duke CE
Part of Duke University, Duke Corporate Education (Duke CE) is the premier global provider of leadership solutions in context. They deliver leadership development to the global 1000 organizations and governments around the world to get their leaders and their business ready for what’s next. The Financial Times has ranked Duke CE #1 in North America and among the top 3 globally in Custom Executive Education for 19 consecutive years.
Meet our Contributors
An original member of Duke CE since it’s formation in 2000, Cindy Campbell has engaged in a wide range of activities during her tenure: research, writing, instructional design, content development, application tools, online platforms, and client project and relationship management. Before joining Duke CE, Cindy spent 12 years at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business where she played a key role in designing and supporting Fuqua’s first online Global Executive MBA (GEMBA) program, Duke University’s first true merger of live and virtual education delivery. That work extended naturally into her current focus of effectively merging the best thinking, tools, and techniques — content, media, human interaction, and technologies — to design and deliver the most impactful experiences for adult learners.
Patty White is the former President and CEO of St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, a 600-bed, not-for-profit hospital that is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education, and research. Patty led a team of 5,000 medical professionals, support staff, and volunteers who are dedicated to providing excellent patient care and improving the quality of life in the community. Patty was a leader in the Dignity Health Arizona Service Area for more than 30 years. She served as Chief Operating Officer, Chief Nursing Executive, and Vice President of Operations at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. Patty is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Central Missouri State University and her Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Arizona.
Thomas Brink has worked in healthcare in some capacity his entire career. He has master’s degrees in Social Work and Healthcare Administration from Indiana University. He started his career as an addiction therapist. He was President and CEO of Fairbanks Hospital, a 100+ bed and outpatient chemical dependency facility. He worked at Indiana University Health for 23 years in various capacities: Director of Medical Education, Chief Operating Officer of HealthNet, Executive Director of a physician practice support organization for a 200+ multi-specialty physician group, and Director of Statewide Network. He worked with three large primary care physician groups to merge into one under the IU Health umbrella; was President and CEO of an occupational health practice, started an IU Health company; and managed employee health for 25,000 IU Health employees.
Ginger L. Figg
Ginger L. Figg, Chief Administrative Officer at Norton Medical Group, joined Norton Healthcare in 1997 and retired in March 2018. In her role, Figg held leadership responsibility for Norton Medical Group NMG, a division of Norton Healthcare, an integrated health system in Louisville, Kentucky. Norton Healthcare’s five hospitals include 1,800+ licensed beds with approximately 2,000 physicians serving on its medical staff. Under her leadership, NMG grew from 20 physicians to more than 950 providers in primary, specialty, and urgent care. Before joining Norton Healthcare, Ms. Figg spent more than 10 years in private practice and working for hospital and clinic systems in Kentucky. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Louisville and a master’s degree in Health Services Management from Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri.