Advance Your Career Today
DHGE has partnered with ISTS to provide healthcare professionals with an exclusive discount and savings on their certificates and degrees.
Take the first step to elevate your career today: DHGE’s programs are co-created with world-leading, ranked academic partners and industry experts to help you gain knowledge and skills that you can apply on the job straight away. Our online programs give busy healthcare professionals the flexibility they need to fit their education around their schedules while achieving their personal and professional goals. Inquire today!
Data is everywhere in healthcare. Both clinical and non-clinical work rely heavily on data to drive performance and improve outcomes. Having a solid understanding of healthcare analytics is key to making an impact on healthcare organizations. Harnessing the power of healthcare data analytics empowers leaders — in all fields of care, not just in Healthcare Informatics departments — to make data-driven decisions that lead to improved quality, cost, and care.
Participants of the Certificate in Healthcare Analytics for Decision-Makers will gain experience contemplating data, determining informed results, and making evidence-based and data-backed decisions. They will learn to ask the right questions, evaluate data collection schemes, and interpret complex data sets from various sources. Expert faculty will demonstrate how to apply theories of statistical models and utilize evaluation methodologies and the program is facilitator-led to ensure student success. In only eight weeks, participants will become empowered to leverage healthcare analytics in their organization, influence important decisions, and achieve better results.
Leverage the Power of Healthcare Analytics to Make Better-informed Decisions
The program will equip various healthcare professionals new to analytics, as well as data analysts or recent grads of healthcare informatics and analytics programs new to healthcare, with an understanding for data in a healthcare context. They will learn to make better-informed decisions using hard evidence, thereby improving patient care and business metrics such as readmission rates. This eight-week online healthcare data analytics program carries 16 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
In eight weeks, the certificate covers the following topics related to informatics and data analytics in a healthcare context:
- Introduction to Descriptive Analytics
- Making Inferences and Practical Probability Theory
- Relationships Amongst Variables: Introduction to Correlation and Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Framework for Decision-Making
- Finding Optimized Solutions in Healthcare, Part 1
- Finding Optimized Solutions in Healthcare, Part 2
Participants of the Certificate in Healthcare Analytics for Decision-Makers will earn the following skills:
- Ask the correct questions prior to healthcare data collection and analysis, and search for possible alternative explanations upon completion
- Identify biases that may corrupt the decision-making process and develop mechanisms for avoiding those biases
- Use spreadsheets to model mathematics
- Understand practical statistical models that can be used to forecast the future
- Identify significant group differences and gauge the practical value of those differences
- Create rational frameworks to identify, embrace, integrate, and mitigate risk in the decision-making process
- Understand mathematical theories of optimization used to determine the best solutions to perplexing problems
- Create accurate, compelling, and convincing presentations to ensure implementation of analysts’ recommendations
- Think critically about healthcare issues and use an integrated approach when making decisions leveraging expertise in all substantive areas
- No prior experience in healthcare informatics, data analytics, or data science is needed. Students should, however, have basic knowledge of math and Microsoft Excel.
Who Should Study This Program?
This program is ideal for consumers and producers of healthcare analytics data. As an online healthcare data analytics certificate, it was designed for current and prospective decision-makers who are interested in gaining working knowledge of the topic through participating in a flexible and comprehensive online course, rather than gaining the in-depth knowledge a degree in the field would offer. Participants need little to no background in data science. Groups that might especially benefit from this program are:
- Leadership and business developers looking to expand business impact
- Healthcare professionals new to data analysis and data science
- Analysts or recent graduates new to healthcare
- Healthcare analysts looking to refresh or expand their knowledge
What You Will Earn
- A Certificate in Healthcare Analytics for Decision-Makers from the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
- 16 CEUs
- Digital badges:
- Making Sense of Complex Healthcare Variables
- Rational Decision-Making in the Midst of Uncertainty
- Optimal Solutions to Sub-optimal Healthcare Dilemmas
Key Program Features
DHGE students have access to 3,000 free Regus workplaces
Experiential learning via video, case studies, projects, discussions, and career-relevant tools
Access to thought leadership pieces from expert healthcare professionals
Curriculum focused on addressing current healthcare issues
Certificate from the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
Graduates earn badges and 16 CEUs
Co-created by academics from a top-50 university as well as expert healthcare analysts, professionals, and informaticians from the largest U.S. not-for-profit healthcare system
Focus on skill-based learning
Modularization allows flexibility and helps manage workload
About the University
For the last 50 years, the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School has challenged individuals to think boldly and drive meaningful change within their industries and communities. Dedicated to developing Best for the World Leaders, the Graziadio School offers a comprehensive range of MBA, MS, executive, and doctoral degree programs grounded in integrity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. The Graziadio School advances experiential learning through small classes with distinguished faculty that stimulate critical thinking and meaningful connection, inspiring students and working professionals to realize their greatest potential as value-centered leaders.
Pepperdine University is a private institution founded in 1937. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,604. Its setting is suburban, with the Malibu campus spanning 830 acres. In the 2019 edition of Best Colleges, Pepperdine University ranked 46 on the list of National Universities.
Meet our Contributors
Dr. Samuel L. Seaman
Dr. Seaman is professor of Decision Sciences at the Graziadio Business School. He teaches graduate courses in applied statistics and evidence-based decision analysis and has an applied research agenda that focuses on the use of mathematical models to solve dilemmas in economics, finance, healthcare, and marketing. He has published in numerous academic journals including Business Economics, Communications in Statistics, Head & Neck Surgery, the Journal of Business Forecasting, the Journal of Business Venturing, and Strategic Management Journal. His consulting engagements have led to meaningful improvements in credit-scoring models, predictive models of charitable giving, and assessment models used to evaluate the efficacy of strategic initiatives on corporate financial performance. His true passion, time permitting, is the ongoing search for an optimal solution to the "Particle/Wave Duality Paradox" in his "lab" at Malibu's Surfrider Beach.
Tim has worked in positions within Strategy and Planning at CommonSpirit Health (formerly Dignity Health) over the past 12 years. Most recently, he has used his technical expertise as well as his leadership skills to develop an analytics team responsible for enterprise-wide reporting as well as analytical tools supporting strategy, marketing, and sales. Tim has been tapped to create and expand reporting and analysis capabilities within local geographies and at enterprise-wide levels at CommonSpirit Health. He is a trusted source for delivering high-quality, accurate strategy analytics solutions that identify and support growth opportunities and track system-wide growth goal performance. Prior to healthcare, Tim worked within analytics teams in the financial services and technology industries. He holds a bachelor’s degree with a double concentration in Finance and Risk Management and an MBA from California State University, Sacramento.
For 7 years, Scott has worked as the Senior Vice President of Market Strategy and Development with CommonSpirit Health (formerly Dignity Health). Prior to his current role, he has worked as Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Growth, Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy of Integrated Delivery Network Development, and Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Network Development. Prior to healthcare, he worked as a Principal at BDC Advisors, LLC. He holds a bachelor’s from the University of Georgia and an MBA/MHA from Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business.